These Healthy Chocolate Brownie Batter Breakfast Oats are deliciously chocolaty, yet are refined sugar free, gluten free, and can be dairy-free! You can either make them the night before, for a quick grab-and-go breakfast the next morning, or make in just 5 minutes in the microwave there and then! They are a brilliant hearty breakfast to keep you nicely full until lunch time and calm cravings for the rest of the day!
The other day, I read an article that explained that a piece of dark chocolate in the morning is actually good for you!
If, like me, you love chocolate, this is a very exciting huge deal. (Cue: Celebration dance😄)
Why should we eat a piece of dark chocolate in the morning? Well, chocolate is good for our brains; it actually helps boost brain power! So next time you’ve got a test, exam, interview or similar event, good old chocolate might just be the little friend your mind needs to get into gear.
Besides tasting amazing and assisting your brain, what else does chocolate do?
- Aid in going to sleep: Containing serotonin, it can help relax your mind and body.
- Cheer you up: Encourage the production of endorphins (as well as just tasting amazing). Dark chocolate can make you feel happier when you’re down in the dumps.
- Calm cravings: Beginning with sweet chocolate for breakfast helps you curve calories for the rest of the day.
- Control hunger: The slight bitterness of dark chocolate stimulates the taste receptors for bitter flavour. This decreases your consumption after a meal for at least four hours!
- Maintain blood glucose levels & lower cholesterol: antioxidants help the body use its insulin more efficiently to control blood sugar, which helps to naturally lower blood sugar levels.
- Protect skin against the sun: Flavonols in dark chocolate can protect against sun-induced damage, improve blood flow to the skin and increase skin density and hydration.
However, this doesn’t apply to white chocolate at all, and not so much to milk chocolate either. Why? Because dark chocolate contains the most of one particular ingredient.
That’s the true hero in these healthy chocolate brownie batter breakfast oats, which is why chocolate with higher levels of cocoa is more effective. I love REALLY dark chocolate – even 100%! Even if you’re not so keen on its bitterness, a lower percentage such as 60% will still give you those benefits.
However, dark chocolate still contains sugar, along with various preservatives that are added. So, even better? We go for the cocoa itself.
In these Healthy Chocolate Brownie Batter Breakfast Oats, we use vanilla creme stevia, which is a 0-calorie natural sweetener that is 300x as sweet as sugar! Don’t worry if you don’t have vanilla creme stevia – you can use 2 tbsp of maple syrup or honey instead!
Indulgent chocolaty flavour…
Tastes like brownie batter…
Keeps you nicely full until lunchtime…
Many health benefits…
So what are you waiting for? Go and whip up these delicious healthy chocolate brownie batter breakfast oats, ready for tomorrow! Or cook ’em in the microwave and enjoy – in under 5 minutes!!
Visit my Pinterest!